The comprehensive, lasting record of how our best-loved buildings look today.


TOWN HALL

Built on the site of the former Calverley Terrace, the Town Hall was opened in 1941 to very little fanfare due to events happening with WWII.

A mix of Georgian and Art Deco architecture it is the centrepiece of the civic complex. Its main entrance occupies a commanding hilltop and corner position, flanked by municipal offices on each side. Inside it has an impressive Counil Chamber and Mayor's Parlour which have been kept and maintained in the original state.